Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shaniqua Jones on the Drag Race


"I came to the drag race tonight with a bunch of friends. I've never raced before so when my friends asked me, I said, 'Sure, why not? I might as well try it.' I think that this parade loosens up the city and makes everything a bit lighter. It shows that we have a sense of humor. It is the one time of the year when everyone can just be themselves. I wish that people could live like this every day here. There is a bit of the drag race in every day life in DC, but it is more racing to get to the top. I have been conditioning a lot for the race because I am a paramedic and firefighter so I have to keep in shape. So, I think that in addition to looking good, I may just win the race, too." 

See more of my photos from the Drag Race here

No comments: