Thursday, February 18, 2010

Charles on the Power Center of the Universe


"I've had bad luck all of my life. First off, I got drafted into the military in 1966 at 19. I was First Infantry Division and stationed all around Vietnam, including Danang. I was ducking bullets, evading land mines and shooting up Vietcong. I got released and went to work at Walter Reed Medical Center as a custodian and then the National Institute of Health. After that, I went to the Veterans Affairs hospital to get cured for depression and post traumatic stress disorder. They put me on Prozac. My doctor was a clinical psychologist and I am still mad at him. That Prozac didn't do me no good. I found other ways to self-medicate, if you know what I mean.

"I've had a hell of a life. The love of my life ducked out on me. She got married to someone else. Baby girl, if you hear this, I am still looking for you, hun. I've had racist judges. All of this has been so hard on me because I am so sensitive.

"See, I am country boy. I grew up in Alabama and went to high school in Washington, D.C. For me, D.C. is the power center of the universe. With all due respect to Chicago, New York and L.A., Washington D.C. is the best. Believe me, it's the truth. I mean, with the Pentagon, the White House, the Capitol Building, the Supreme Court, we got it going on big time! Okay, I feel like I am starting to show off a little bit too much about this city."

No comments: